Skip the lines! Pre-register for Maker Faire Milwaukee tickets.
Skip the ticket lines at the event by pre-registering to experience all that Maker Faire has to offer. While admission to Maker Faire Milwaukee is FREE, wristbands are required for entrance. So…if you want to learn to solder, sew something, shoot an arrow, build a derby car, make things to take home, and have a really great time…pre-register now! Please note that some Maker Faire activities and workshops will charge for supplies and kits; for your convenience, workshops will accept both State Fair tickets and cash.
Support Maker Faire Milwaukee and your Maker Community
Thanks to generous sponsors, Maker Faire Milwaukee is once again a FREE admission event in 2016. Help us keep it that way by opting to purchase a supporting ticket or become an individual sponsor by purchasing a booster ticket and receive 2 tickets to the Friday night Maker Mixer and a commemorative 2016 t-shirt. Supporting tickets help us pay for all of the equipment, supplies, printing and elbow grease that goes into planning and hosting this awesome event. Each and every contribution is important, and we appreciate your interest and involvement in Maker Faire!
9am–6pm Saturday, September 24 &
10am–5pm Sunday, September 25, 2016
(Admission is FREE, but you must register.)
Maker Faire Milwaukee will be at the Wisconsin State Fair Park, at the Wisconsin Expo Center Hall A and the Milwaukee Mile. The best address to feed your GPS is: 8200 W Greenfield Ave, West Allis, WI 53214.
If you are driving, two lots are available at $6 per vehicle.
- Parking Lot directly west of the Wisconsin Expo Center.
- Parking Lot inside the Milwaukee Mile which is located east of the Wisconsin Expo Center.
The Milwaukee Country Transit System bus routes 56, 67 and 76 travel to Wisconsin State Fair Park.
There are limited dorm/hostel rooms available at State Fair Park for about $100/room/night and they sleep 6 people (you have to arrange the group yourself as SFP only rents the rooms as a unit.) Requests for booking the dorms must be submitted to email@example.com by Sept 1st, 2016. Sites like couchsurfing.com and airbnb may also have rooms available that are near State Fair Park.
The Wisconsin State Fair Grounds has a list of hotels nearby.
There are about 70 full service sites, 30 additional electric only sites, and more dry sites at the State Fair Grounds. Maker Faire will not be a “Special Event” for pricing purposes (lower prices.) Water/Sewer/Electric plots are $40/night and Electric only is $35/night. For more information: visit the RV park web site. To make a reservation call 414-266-7035.
Food, Drink, and Restrooms
These amenities will be available inside the Wisconsin Expo Center.
- Permanent, handicap parking spaces are located on the west and north side of the facility and can be accessed by entering the Fair Park via Gate 1 and Gate 4.
- All public entrances have handicap decal, push activated doors for entry and exit.
- All public restrooms within the Exposition Center have at least one handicap stall outfitted with grab bars and accessible coat hooks. Counters, paper towel and soap dispensers in all restrooms are at wheelchair accessible height. A family restroom is located on the first floor near the elevator on the east end of the north lobby.
What to do
Milwaukee has plenty to offer the geek in you! If you’re in town for Maker Faire Milwaukee or otherwise, we suggest you visit some of these places to up your geek cred.